The last year has challenged us all in new and different ways. I hope that you are safe, healthy and have come to embrace these challenges as opportunities to strengthen yourselves, your relationships and your resolve to leave this world a little better than you found it!
Personally, I am just beginning a wonderful new opportunity, this time at the Kaimuki- Waialae Branch.
It has only been 2 months, but I am grateful to be working with such positive, genuine and trustworthy people.
They say great things come in small packages and our branch is no different. What we lack in physical size, we more than make up for with strength of character, compassion and commitment to the communities we collectively serve.
Throughout the ongoing pandemic, because of the generosity of people like you, the Kaimuki- Waialae Branch was able to provide:
* 22,828 hot and nutritious meals to keiki in need
* 15 weeks of Day Camp providing 50 kids a week positive and safe place to play and learn
* 13 weeks of Learning Center supporting 40 keiki per week in distance learning classes
* 212 members access to healthy living through Membership for All
* >2,000 members access to safe, in person pool and fitness areas
* >14,000 members access to group exercise classes virtually
* $138,942 in Financial Assistance
I don't have any pictures with Kaimuki yet (difficult with distancing protocols haha), so mine are from our last Raggers Camp at Mililani in 2019. We were able to do some incredible things there, that I will never forget.
My sincerest hope is that we will be able to have the same kind of impact at Kaimuki. But, we cannot and never have done it alone at the Y. We are very fortunate and eternally grateful for the seemingly endless support from our friends in the community, just like you!
I humbly ask that you help us to continue to provide these amazing opportunities and experiences, for all, by considering making a donation or pledge to our 2021 Annual Campaign.