There is no doubt about it, this past year has presented us all with new and different challenges.
While COVID-19 has upended so much of our world, the generosity of individuals, foundations, businesses and local government allowed the YMCA to rise and meet those challenges.
Because of your donations and support, the Kaimuki-Waialae YMCA was able to adapt our programs, services and opportunities to continue making a positive difference for the communities that we all share and collectively serve.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Kaimuki- Waialae YMCA has been able to provide:
- 22,828 hot and nutritious meals to keiki in need
- 15 weeks of Day Camp providing 50 kids a week positive and safe place to play and learn
- 13 weeks of Learning Center supporting 40 keiki per week in distance learning classes
- 212 members access to healthy living through Membership for All
- >2,000 members access to safe, in person pool and fitness areas
- >14,000 members access to group exercise classes virtually
- $138,942 in Financial Assistance
We also served hundreds of children through our Preschool, Elementary and Middle School programs; and through Swim lessons and Swim Team.
We could not have done this alone, and are eternally grateful for the spirit of community and generosity shown by so many this past year.
Please help us continue to meet the needs of our community, by considering making a donation to our Annual Campaign.