As a volunteer at the YMCA since 2012, I have seen first hand how the Y is making a difference in the lives of youth, families, and seniors in our community.
* It is a meeting space for seniors to socialize and keep fit. They do their exercise in the morning and have refreshments together after class.
* I have watched middle school students build confidence through the YMCA's leadership and after school programs.
* Families come together to cheer each other on and challenge their fitness goals at the Annual Turkey Swim.
And, we all know someone who learned to swim at the YMCA.
Here is how your donation can make a difference:
- $100.00 gives a child a safe place with positive role models during one month of after school care
- $300.00 sponsors a three-month Y membership for two seniors, giving the gift of health and friendships
- $500.00 gives a child the joy of being safe in the water with eight swim lessons
- $655.00 sends one child to a week at Camp Erdman where they gain confidence, new friends and lifelong memories
- $700.00 builds a teen’s self-esteem and a passion for community service during two weeks at Leadership Camp
- $740.00 gives a child their best summer ever during four weeks of summer Day Camp