Teams and Walkers
Teams and Walkers
Please help me support the Windward Oahu Branch of the YMCA of Honolulu. Here are some of the programs and scholarships that are given to keiki and families that will benefit from your contributions:
- Youth Day Camp during School Breaks and Summer: More than 5,000 children benefit from the confidence building activities and friendships gained attending Y Camp. The YMCA of Honolulu provides $84,000 in financial assistance to 286 children annually so that they can attend day camp.
- Safety Around Water Program: In addition to offering swimming lessons to over 4,200 keiki annually, the Y's goal is to expand youth water safety programs.
- Youth in Government Programs for Teens: I saw first hand how my daughter learned about how our democracy works through mock elections and visits to state legislative sessions through this important nation-wide YMCA program.
- Restoration of Ulupo Nui & Kawainui Fishpond in Kailua: The Windward YMCA is hoping to fund $15,000 towards these special cultural outdoor spaces in our backyard on Windward Oahu.
- Access to YMCA Programs for the Elderly: The YMCA provides free membership to low-income seniors to prevent chronic disease and social isolation in addition to offering special programs for our kupuna.
- Monthly Kailua Houseless Service Care Event: The Windward YMCA together with other community partners provide a hot meal, warm shower and a safe gathering place to over 125 houseless members of our community. The Y's mission is to engage participants in outreach programs to transition the houseless into temporary shelters, as well as transitional and permanent housing.
Every dollar I raise will advance YMCA's great cause! Your Windward YMCA is trying to raise $100,000 this year, which will be spent on these great programs and scholarships.
Please consider a tax deductible donation today. Together, we can make a difference!
Mahalo and Much Aloha!